Friday, November 14, 2014

The American Teenager Project Notes

The American Teenager Project aims to stop social division among teenagers and create a sense of empathy toward the struggle of being an adolescent. After earning a degree in anthropology, Robin Bowman, the founder of The American Teenager Project, she independently studied with a Maine Photographic Workshop and Magnum Photos that lead her to become a professional photographer. Since then she has become incredibly famous. Robin's photojournalism work is different because it captures the story of the person in the photograph instead of capturing an event or news story. However, it is still photojournalism because she is telling a story with these shots.  I like how the photos are simple, all of them have a small depth of field which I like because I like the subject being really clear but the backgrounds being boring. I don't like how all the pictures are in black and white and the fact that they are very plain. There's not a lot of differentiation between the shots. I also think some of the photos are really strangely posed which I also dislike.

 This one is my favorite one I found on Robin's website.

 I thought this one was really nice even though it's really simple.

 This is one of the photos that I think is posed awkwardly, I don't enjoy this one as much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment