Monday, November 17, 2014

Processing The News

This article was talking about taking photojournalism pictures and then editing them. It talks about how much editing is too much editing to still be considered a photojournalism picture. It says that people don't really realize how big the digital world is and how much people can really change an image and still make it look natural and real, which is extremely true. Something interesting I learned from this article is that the reason many photographers edit their pictures is because they see flaws that can be fixed by the photoshop tools they have. However, in photojournalism the flaws that the photographer would usually fix are the things that make the story more interesting so they shouldn't "fix" them at all. Instead they should tell the story from the original picture that comes from the camera because it makes for a more interesting story. Thats also one thing I took from this article. Usually I like to edit my pictures a lot and take out every flaw I see, but for this photojournalism project I won't because the flaws will show the true story I'm trying to capture. By not over editing my pictures they will look and be more real and will tell the true story better than pictures with a lot of photoshop fixes done to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment