Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Perception vs. Reality

People often stereotype me as a 'bad kid' because of the friends I have or the types of clothes I wear. Because I choose to make my own jewelry out of hemp and wear a lot of tie dye clothes people often think I'm a 'stoner' or they assume I'm a drug addict because of the clothes I wear or the people I enjoy in my life. However, based on my actions people think I'm a 'nerd' because I'm good at school and I like to learn new things. While these are two completely different stereotypes, and completely wrong representations of me, these are usually what people think of at a first glance. However, neither of these are the real me. I really like just spending time at home with my family, friends, and boyfriend. I love nature and taking hikes. I love my two bunnys, the one that lives in my room and the one that lives on my deck. I'm a pretty simplistic person. I like reading books and basking in the sunlight, taking pictures of the sky and trees, spending quality time with the people I care about, making pottery, and just sitting outside and enjoying the breeze on a beautiful day are the simple things that I live for. But the stereotypes that people hold me to are not simplistic at all. They are a very wrong representation of the person I am and I'm hurt when someone assumes these things of me when that is not the person I am.

poses: sitting up against the wall with my head down, hands on my hips looking sassy, sitting with my hand on my face possibly in a desk, hands on my head looking like I don't care about anything, messy feeling not put together look to the pictures

lighting: single lighting, maybe dimmer than necessary for the 'stoner' stereotype but lighter for the 'nerd' stereotype. possibly make it look like the photos being lit from a desk lamp. lit from the back of my head for the 'stoner' stereotype

clothing: I would wear the normal clothes. hemp bracelets, tie dye shirt, jeans, worn in shoes, and messy, natural hair

outward




























inward








No comments:

Post a Comment